This low-carb banana bread is delicious. It’s sweet and comforting and packed full of banana flavour with a delightful texture. Bananas are not particularly keto-friendly, but this cake compromises with the banana carbs by using low-carb almond flour, eggs and baking soda to raise it. This cake is coming out at approximately 13 carbs per slice. It’s a culinary luxury for those following a strict keto diet, but certainly acceptable for those following a low-carb diet.
Ingredients – For a 10 slice cake
- 3 Ripe Bananas (medium-sized)
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 4 Eggs (medium)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 50ml Skinny Syrup (Vanilla)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup Walnuts (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 175*C
- Line and butter (or use coconut oil) a heavy loaf tin
- Slice the banans into a bowl
- Combine the dry ingredients together well in another bowl. Then add to the bananas.
- Lightly whisk the eggs, with a fork, in another bowl and add the vanilla essence and skinny syrup to sweeten the cake.
- Pour the egg mixture and the coconut oil into the bowl with the bananas and dry ingredients and whisk with an electric mixer until it is well combined into a regular cake batter consistency.
- Stir through the chopped walnuts and pour into the loaf tin.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 60 minutes.
- You may need to (very quickly) put a piece of foil over the cake after 30 minutes if you think it is browning too quickly.
- The cake is done when an inserted cocktail stick comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin.
Serve with a dollop of whipped fresh cream with salted-caramel sauce flavouring, warmed with hot custard as a pudding, or just on its own with your favourite cuppa. Enjoy!
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.