I love almonds and I love the taste of almond in sweet, baked goods. I’ve created this recipe because I just love Bakewell Tarts. They are a memory from my childhood, from Saturday teas and afternoons when my Nan came to visit. With keto sweet pastry and my keto Raspberry jam, these lovely cakes are just 5.6 carbs each. Well worth the effort of making.
Ingredients – For 12 individual Tarts
- 12 tblsp Raspberry Jam (from the blog – on the pastry page)
- 1 batch Sweet Short Crust Pastry (from the blog – on the pastry page)
- 150g Ground Almonds
- 100g Bocha Granular Sweetener
- 150g Butter, melted
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- 36 slivers Sliced Almonds
- Preheat your oven to 175*C
- Make your pastry and leave it to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Make your Raspberry Jam and set it aside to cool
- Divide your pastry into 12 equal portions and press evenly into the bases of a 12-hole Yorkshire pudding tin
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes (until the pastry cases are golden brown and dry to the touch)
- Leave the cases to cool in the pan for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, prepare the cake mix by adding the cake ingredients to a large bowl and combining well
- Once the pastry cases are cool, add 1 x tablespoon of jam to each and top with the almond cake mixture. Smooth out the tops and add 3 slivers of almond to each cake to decorate.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 15-20 minutes until ‘set’ and golden brown
- A little of the almond oil may bubble around the edges of the tarts. Don’t worry.
- Remove from the oven after 15 minutes and carefully lift the tarts out of the tin and cool them on a wire rack
Serve hot or cold with your tea or coffee or with a little double cream or keto custard as a dessert. Enjoy!
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.