BACON & BRIE TARTLETS
These lovely little tartlets are so easy to make and are a delicious lunch or supper, served hot or cold, with roasted vegetables (keto-allowed veg) or a green salad. They just contain 4g of carbs each (so the men in the house can easily eat two!)
Ingredients – For 8 Tartlets
- 1 batch Alternative Savoury Pastry (recipe published on the information page for Keto Pastry)
- 300g Back Bacon (cut into 1cm squares)
- 300g Brie (cut into 1cm cubes)
- 4 medium Eggs
- 3/4 cup Double Cream
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 175*C
- Prepare the pastry as per the recipe and press equally into the holes, and up the sides, of a four-hole yorkshire pudding tray, pushing the pastry 2-3mm above the top of the hole. (You’ll need two trays, or you’ll have to bake in two batches or halve the recipe)
- Prick the bottoms of the pastry case and bake in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes
- Take out of the oven and allow to cool
- Cut the bacon into 1cm square and dry-fry in a heavy frying pan until dry, browned and slightly crispy. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Cut the brie into 1cm cube pieces and divide the cubes equally between the tartlet pastry cases
- Divide the bacon pieces equally on top of the brie in the pastry cases
- Whisk the eggs, cream and almond milk and add salt and pepper. Pour equally over the brie and bacon to fill each tartlet case
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes
Can be served hot or cold, with roasted vegetables or a green salad.
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.