ALMOND & RASPBERRY MUFFINS
I just love the combination of almond and raspberries. There’s something rich and luxurious about these two flavours together and this recipe was inspired by my love of bakewell tarts. The muffins are simple to make, bake in 18 minutes and can easily be frozen. These lovely muffins have just 4.5 carbs each and are delicious with a cup of tea or coffee or warmed in the microwave and served with cream or custard as a dessert or pudding.
Ingredients (for 12 muffins)
- 225g Almond Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 120g Butter (melted)
- 5 large Eggs
- 2 tsp Almond Extract (as good a quality as you can find)
- 60ml Skinny Syrup Sweetener – Vanilla (or Simple)
- 1/2 batch Raspberry Jam from this blog
- A few Slivers of Almond (if desired)
- 1 tblsp Bocha Sweet Granulated Sugar
- Preheat oven to 175*C
- Place 12 paper muffin cases into the holes in a 12-hole muffin tin
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the Jam) and whisk with an electric mixer for one minute until thoroughly combined. Use a little splash of almond milk to loosen if the mixture looks a little thick
- Divide the cake batter into two and using one half, share the batter, equally, between each of the muffin cases
- Add 1 tblsp Jam on top of the cake batter in each of the cases
- Then share the remaining cake batter, equally, between each of the muffin cases, on top of the jam, ensuring that you gently spoon the batter all around the edges of the jam.
- Sprinkle a couple of slivers of almond on the top of each muffin (if desired) & bake in the centre of the oven for 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Sprinkle with a little Bocha Sweet sugar and cool on a wire rack.
NOTE: I OFTEN ADJUST MY RECIPES WHEN I FIND NEW INGREDIENTS AND WILL UPDATE THE RECIPES ON MY BLOG ACCORDINGLY (RATHER THAN PRODUCING ANOTHER RECIPE), SO PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE MAKING.